REGULATIONS of the 5th Annual INTERNATIONAL CONTEST OF DINOSAUR ILLUSTRATION ICDI 2005
1. Theme: Dinosaurs and other Mesozoic reptiles. Drawings of bones or life-like representation of dinosaurs are accepted.
2. Identification: The illustrations must be accompanied by the identification of the author (name, age, Email, phone number, address and other contacts). Each illustration should be titled (the name of the dinosaur is preferred).
3. Participants: Any participant, national or foreign, over the age of 15 is accepted.
4. Size and techniques: no smaller than 148 x 210 mm. The frame is optional although encouraged. All illustration techniques and materials are accepted.
5. Illustration selection: The drawings will be selected by their scientific precision and technique quality. Drawings of Portuguese species are preferred as well as species in their natural environment in the case of life reconstitution.
6. Calendar: Participation deadline: 31st of July 2005; Exposition and prize announcement: October 2005Devolution of the art-works to authors: From November 2005
7. The prizes will be paid in Euro.1st prize 1000 Euros2nd prize 500 Euros3rd prize 250 Euros5 honourable mentions 50 Euros eachTwo prizes will be for fossils illustrations.
8. Shipping and submissions: The illustrations can be sent by post mail or delivery to the Museum of Lourinhã.
Address: Museu da Lourinhã, Rua João Luis de Moura, 2530-157 Lourinhã, PORTUGAL.
The Museum is not responsible for any damages or loss of the material in competition. The Museum of Lourinhã will not pay any customs fees or taxes. In order to avoid high fees and customs taxes, we advise US participants to declare the package as "no commercial value" and as a "gift" to the Museum. Participants are advised to provide good packing. In last ICDI editions some illustrations were damaged during posting. Email submissions are not valid.
9. Digital images should be printed in paper but a copy in CD-Rom must be also submitted with a minimum definition of 300 dpi, natural size, not compressed. Those will not be returned.
10. Artwork devolution costs above 50 Euros will be supported by the participant. Digital artwork will not be returned.
11. The Jury is composed by Miguel Telles Antunes (paleontologist), Fernando Correia (biologist e scientific illustrator), Nuno Farinha (biologist e scientific illustrator), Octávio Mateus (paleontologist, organization) e José Projecto (painter). The jury's final decisions are incontestable and the jury has the right to not attribute any prize, if the lack of the quality justifies it. The competition will only take place if there are, at least, ten competitors.
12. Reproduction rights: The Museum of Lourinhã has all reproduction and divulgations rights of the illustrations, including for books, Internet, merchandizing, editions, publications and scientific studies. The name of the author will be always quoted.
13. Illustrations submitted to previous ICDI editions are not valid.
Museu da Lourinhã Rua João Luis de Moura, 2530-157 Lourinhã, PORTUGALAny questions should be addressed to Octávio Mateus (email@example.com)